Egg patties (kotlety z jajek) are delicious alternative for meat ones. My Mum used to make them for meat free Fridays (one of Polish-Catholic traditions).
Ingredients for 6 patties:
- 5 hard boiled large eggs, grated
- 1 fresh large egg
- half of stale white roll
- little bit of milk
- 1 small onion, chopped and fried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chive
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- panko or bread crumbs
1. Soak white roll in milk. Leave it for few minutes.
2. In a bowl mix together grated eggs, fresh egg, salt, pepper, parsley, and chive.
3. Add fried onion and white roll (squeeze excess of milk).
4. Form 6 patties and coat them in panko.
5. Fry patties on both sides until golden brown. If patties are thick fry them on each side.
6. Serve warm.