I try to eat just home-made food. It is healthier plus gives me satisfaction. Pita bread is perfect for lunch or simple supper.
And remember that you can freeze baked bread.
Use pita bread to make delicious Souvlaki.
- pinch of sugar
- 1 smaller teaspoon salt
- around 1.5 cup plain flour
- 0.5 cup warm water
- heaped teaspoon dried yeast
1. Dissolve yeasts and sugar in warm water. Set aside for couple of minutes.
2. Add rest of ingredients and knead dough until elastic and velvety. You can add more flour if dough is too sticky.
3. Form dough in a ball, then place into bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let rest dough for about 40 minutes or until double in size.
4. Divide dough into around 7 pieces (depends how big your breads should be) and flatten each one with a rolling pin.
5. Bake pita in pre-heated to 210C (410F) oven. Ready bread will be puffed and golden brown.